Tuesday, July 20, 2010







Today when I went to see Ellina I first of all gave her her first bath!It was great it made her hair all fluffy and it gave me a chance to carry her and really look at her, great bonding time. And the doctor had heard that I had some questions so she came over and went over the results of the echo that Ellina had yesterday. Ellinas heart looked great, they said the left side is what was thickened and therefore smaller making the other side inefficient..but yesterday the left side looked almost normal and the other side was working perfectly!! Very exiting. That was our biggest worry and with that being good we have very little to worry about right now. There is still so much unknown but right now we are all good. Oh yeah and in regards to her weight we decided to try this thing where I am just giving her hind milk, I pump, stop in the middle and dump that in Elizas bottle and give only the stuff I get after that to Ellina, so far she has gain 2 oz in 2 nights we are hoping that thats why.

5 comments:

  1. That is great news!! Her fluffy hair looks so cute. :)

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so sweet!!! I am so glad there is good heart news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God for good news. I hope she contunues to improve :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Glad to hear she is gaining too - same thing with Zoe when she was in NICU, had to do hind milk only and they still had to fortify her meals - we still do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to hear the news that her heart was looking so good; "all true wealth is biological." We never know how true that really is until the chips are down.

    Happy thoughts and prayers to you all, as ever... oh, and Ellina is SOOO cute! Good job, Mama! :) xx-- Amy

    ReplyDelete